If you use Microsoft Office 2016 on a Mac, you may have noticed that the apps tend to crash more than you’d prefer if you had your way. If that’s you, you’re in luck, because today Apple released an update to OS X El Capitan that should fix the issue.
In addition to fixing the Office crashes, Apple says the update also does the following:
- Improves installer reliability when upgrading to OS X El Capitan
- Fixes an issue where outgoing server information may be missing from Mail
- Resolves an issue that prevented display of messages and mailboxes in Mail
- Resolves an issue that prevents certain Audio Unit plug-ins from functioning properly
- Improves VoiceOver reliability
- Adds over 150 new emoji characters with full Unicode 7.0 and 8.0 support
- Resolves an issue that caused JPEG images to appear as a gray or green box in Preview
To download the update, open the App Store and click over to the Updates tab.